I’ve been given an award. Actually it was three awards. Well, in all fairness, two of them were given to Donna. But, do you see her anywhere? I didn’t think so. So I’ve decided to accept them in her place.
The first award given to
Donna Me is called the “One Lovely Blog Award” and the second one is called the”Beautiful Blogger Award.” They were both given to Donna Me from my Retriever Pals over at Dogs N Pawz. Thanks Dogs N Pawz! That was pawesome of you!
I wanted to mention that Donna already received one of these awards from Jodi Stone over at Heart Like a Dog, but when Jodi gave it to her, the picture looked like this:
And the new picture that Dogz N Pawz gave
Donna Me looks like this:
Which is fine by me, since I think red looks better with my fur than pink. And as far as “Beautiful,” while I appreciate the compliment, us dogs don’t care much about things like “beauty” and would much rather be awarded for our brains. Just saying.
Now that I’ve accepted these awards, I’m supposed to play by the blog award rules, even though rules were only invented so that they could be broken. Ask any Lab.
According to Dogs N Pawz, the One Lovely Blog Award requirements are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (see above)
- Share 7 things about yourself. (see below)
- Nominate other bloggers you admire. (see waaaayyyy below)
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know. (really? if they can’t be bothered to read my blog, then it’s their loss.)
Here goes…seven things about Me. Toby Owczarek.
1. I eat dog poop. I love it. I crave it. Will do just about anything to get my muzzle on it. Don’t get me wrong. I’ll also indulge in cat poop on occasion, but I’d much rather have one of my own creations. I know where it’s been.
2. I don’t do well with commands. Take “Come” for example. What’s in it for me? And then there’s the often heard “Leave-it!” Why? I’ve yet to hear a good reason.
3. I talk in my sleep. I yelp. I paddle. My lips twitch. My eyes roll into the back of my head. I do such a good job at it, you’d think I was having a seizure. I’m not. I’m actually dreaming about eating poop.
4. I sneak up on the sofa. Every. Chance. I. Get. And if my people catch me, I lay real still, hoping they won’t see me. A dog’s gotta be comfy you know.
5. I try to greet every dog I meet. Even if they are barking or growling at me. If only my people would allow it, they’d see that running up to strange dogs and sticking your nose right in their faces is the best way to make friends.
6. I drink too much. That’s right. I have a drinking problem. The vet calls it psychogenic polydipsia. I call it a great way to relieve stress.
7. I hate sharing my people with the other two dogs. They are always behaving. It makes me look bad. If I had my way, I’d not only be top dog, I’d be the dog. Just Toby. That’s me.
According to Dogs N Pawz, the
Beautiful Devious Clever Genius Blogger Award requirements are:
- Copy the
BeautifulDevious Clever Genius Blogger Award logo and place in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog. Thanks again Dogs N Pawz! If you missed it above, you can check out my friends over at Dogs N Pawz HERE.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own
BeautifulDevious Clever Genius Blogger Award. (I have to do this again?)
QUOTED RIGHT FROM THE DOGS N PAWZ SITE: “I am going to combine my nominations for these two awards and share the following great blogs!”
Can you believe it? Dogs N Pawz broke the rules by combining nominations for both awards. I’m not surprised – they’re mostly Labs over there you know. Since I have holes to dig and trash to raid, I think it’s such a good idea that I’m going to do the same. I’d like to give both the “One Lovely Blog Award” and the “
Beautiful Devious Clever Genius Blogger Award” to the following dogs that blog:
1. 2BrownDawgs - Although their person does most of the gabbing on this site, and she apparently can’t count, my three Chessie friends, Thunder, Storm, and Freighter, sometimes take a break from all that hunting to “talk” a little on their blog.
2. Dakota’s Den – I know that Dogs N Pawz already gave this guy the same two awards, but hey, how can I not mention this little mischief maker? This pup gets in trouble nearly as much as I do, and I’m betting his peoples say the same thing to him that mine do to me: “You’re lucky you’re cute.”
3. Dennis’s Diary of Destruction - Another “wild rescue” like Meadow, but without all that girlie stuff. And none of that running off nonsense for him either. He’d rather stay in the house, listen to tunes, and shred things. My kind of dog.
4. Kol’s Notes – Besides always trying to promote sweet dogs in need of homes, Kolchack the Puggle talks about food every Tuesday in a recurring post that he dubbed “Tasty Tuesday.”
What’s NOT to love?
5. Snoopy’s Dog Blog – I think my pal Snoops is actually a dog underneath all that fur. He claims to be a Bearded Collie – but he sure doesn’t look like Lassie with a goatee. Whatever he is, he’s a nice fellow, and his blog is worth a sniff.
And that’s where I’m gonna stop. Why only five? Since I’m the new dog in town, I don’t know that many dog bloggers yet. Apparently, most of the bloggers Donna has been following are actual peoples. Who wants to read stuff like that? Besides, rules are meant to be broken, and even if they weren’t, I don’t have more than five digits to count on. Actually, if you want to be really technical, I only have four digits on each paw, since my last owners stole my dewclaws for some strange reason, along with some other “personal” belongings of mine. I wonder why they wanted them?
Peoples do creepy things to us dogs.
After I accepted these two awards in my peoples’ place, a very cool thing happened. My friend Sampson told me that one of his peoples, Jodi from Heart Like A Dog, gave me my very own award too. Can you imagine? Two posts and I already got my own award? Beat THAT all you peoples.
This award is called the The Addictive Blog Award. I love this award for two reasons. First of which is because I like addictive things. Drinking water… Eating poop… Sneaking on the sofa… Oh, wait, I told you guys all that stuff already. Sorry. Anyway, the second reason I love this award is that it was given just to ME. Thanks Jodi-peoples!
1. Thank the giver who has bestowed on us this award. (see above)
2. Link back to the blog who gave you the award. (see above)
3. Talk about why I blog and why I started blogging. I started blogging because one of my peoples dropped the ball on this blog (when she should have been throwing it for me.)
4. Post the Award. (duh)
5. Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.Are you kidding? I told you above, I’ve already nominated more blogs than I can actually count. Besides, this award was given to ME. My first award. Why would I want to go and give it away?